Sunday, July 22, 2012
Transfer market nonsense
Rumors, rumors, rumors...that's all we get when there's no Football during this long summer period without the game. But all it has taken is one move to get the whole world talking and creating stories. So here is a potential lowdown of what might happen...or just a bunch of hypothetical conclusions.
This big Euro orgy of a transfer market all started with 2 moves:
- Zlatan and Silva moved to PSG, leaving AC Milan in need of a man up front and a couple needed at the back.
- Now that they have the cash, AC Milan are rumored to be going for Berbatov and Van Persie. But they could also be moving for their former hero and talisman Kaka.
- Should Kaka indeed leave Real Madrid, this opens up the door for Los Blancos to sign Luka Modric.
- Since that move looks more and more likely to happen, Tottenham will be looking to replace the Croatian maestro and a move for Nuri Sahin might be an option.
- But Spurs are also being heavily linked with AVB's former midfield man at Porto Joao Moutinho.
- While some activity has already taken place at White Hart Lane with the signings of Sigurdsson and Vertonghen, their North London neighbors are still weeping at the idea that their captain (again) is on the verge of a move.
- Robin Van Persie is looking for a way out of the Emirates Stadium, with the potential suitors being Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus.
- Given the fact that City have got a transfer kitty big enough to make the GDP's of most countries frown, they're the likely favorites. But with Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko as their front line, where would RVP fit?
- It'll only make sense if they get rid of Edin Dzeko, as he's the least favorite among the quartet. Where'll he go? Well, the AC Milan option seems to make a lot of sense given that they need a targetman.
....or all of these players could just be holding out for bigger contracts (a-la-Rooney), or a move to China, and this post is absolutely useless. Your call.