Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Thank You Sir Alex Ferguson
It's too hard to put into words all the feelings that are going through all Manchester United's supporters minds today now that the big man's decide to retire. It's been one hell of a ride, so I'll just leave a list. This list is what I'm thanking the great man for.
Before writing any of the below, I'm just mumbling the words "Thank you Sir Alex Ferguson for":
- making me love football as a 6 year old and supporting the same team fanatically for over 20 years.
- turning Manchester United into what it is today.
- the League Titles.
- the FA Cups.
- the League Cups.
- that night in Rotterdam.
- that night in Barcelona.
- that night in Moscow.
- Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Gary Neville, Philip Neville, Nicky Butt and all the other magnificent players you guided and created.
- Eric Cantona.
- all the other great Legends that played under your tutelage.
- turning Old Trafford into the Theatre of Dreams that it has truly become.
- all the last-minute winners down the years, 2 of which I was lucky to witness at the stadium.
- Fergie time :-).
- using defeats to spur the team on to more victories.
- the enjoyable mind games which made most other managers look foolish.
- chewing that much gum and giving us a good laugh with your off-tempo celebrations.
- keeping us on the edge of our seats year after year after year...
- teaching us all about bouncing back.
- being the greatest manager English football has ever seen.
- making everyone who doesn't support Manchester United hate you, yet still respect you.
- the Club World Cup, the Intercontinental Cup, the Super Cup, and Community Shields.
- the hairdyer treatment that made sure some of the players grew a pair and started performing.
- proving everyone who doubted you and Manchester United wrong. Time and time again.
- spoiling us with some of the best football we'll ever seen in our lifetime.
- even for the times when some decisions and signings were beyond belief to us fans (ex: Bebe).
- all the emotions. The tears of joy and sadness...
- being an inspiration to everyone who has watched Manchester United down the years
- being a Legend, a Hero, a God in our eyes.
- knocking Liverpool off their perch.
Sir Alex Ferguson is Manchester United and just as he's said over and over down the years "nobody is bigger than the club" and that includes himself. So he may be watching over the club from the Director's Box as of next season, but the club will carry on whoever's in charge. No one will ever forget Sir Alex Ferguson. He has always been his own man and he deserves all the respect and plaudits he gets. We won't take him for granted. We never did. Football will never see a manager like this ever again. He's a rare breed. It is the end of an incredible era.
He made the impossible dream, possible. He is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.
Thank you for making us believe...
Thank You Sir Alex Ferguson....